The precautions listed here are not in place of the Government guidelines but are complementary and GoI and State Government guidelines which are issued from time to time need to be followed strictly.
- All CSIR labs to have designated Response team and Surveillance team identified and designated quarantine quarters/room in campuses.
- Response team will help in transport/ambulance and facilitating hospital admission and respond to emergency.
- Surveillance team to have a Doctor and Director apart from other members. The surveillance team performs contact tracing of the positive case by having them identify people they have come into contact with in the last 4-5 days before testing positive. Surveillance team members will decide about who needs to be tested, depending on the risk level they fall under.
- Personnel testing COVID-19 positive are required to immediately quarantine.
- The health status of these individuals is to be assessed by the resident medical officer who will advise on the place of quarantine.
- Those who are pre-symptomatic/ mildly symptomatic can do so at their place of residence (Hostel/ Staff Quarters/ Flats in the Staff Quarters specially designated for purposes of quarantine).
- No specific treatment is required for asymptomatic individuals/ high risk contacts.
- However, medicines, vitamin C, B complex, zinc may be considered as per the local policy.
- Other medicines like cough syrup and paracetamol for symptomatic relief if needed may be taken as advised by doctor.
- Supportive measures like steam inhalation, saline gargling, taking frequent sips of warm water, adequate hydration and healthy diet may be taken.
- In addition, they can monitor their oxygen saturation levels every day.
- Those having severe symptoms may be required to isolate in a COVID-19 care center or be admitted to a COVID-19 hospital.
- In case of emergency, response team to be informed for transport/ambulance and facilitating hospital admission.
- As per the revised guidelines from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare we require that COVID-19 positive individuals stay in home isolation for 17 days after onset of symptoms (or date of sampling, for pre-symptomatic cases), with no fever for 10 days.
- Testing after the home isolation period is over is not required.
- The identity of the individual is only communicated to the following:
- Institutional COVID Surveillance Team
- Section head of the employee
- Medical Officer
- Security Officer
- The workspace of the affected individual and all common areas in the vicinity are sanitized.
- The surveillance team performs contact tracing of the positive case by having them identify people they have come into contact with in the last 4-5 days before testing positive. Surveillance team members will decide about who needs to be tested, depending on the risk level they fall under.
- High risk contacts, defined as those who have been in contact with the individual without a mask at close quarters (< 2m) for a sustained period of time (≥15 min) are asked to quarantine themselves, and recommended to be tested.
- Contacts with intermediate risk, who may have shared a closed workspace albeit with masked protection for long periods of time, may be recommended to quarantined.
- No action need to be taken for low risk contacts, people who may work in the same floor or may have fleetingly interacted with the individual testing positive.
- All personnel in quarantine are required to closely monitor their health status and report appearance/change in symptoms to the surveillance team. Every day the person reports health status and any symptoms. Appropriate action (including hospitalization) is taken by the team based on the health status of the individual, in consultation with the medical officer.
- Even if tested negative, high risk contacts are required to stay isolated for 14 days, and keep a close watch on their health. Others, if test negative, may be allowed to return to work. Those who test negative and develop COVID-19 related symptoms may be recommended for repeat testing.
- All personnel quarantined in student residences to be assisted by a group of volunteers for their basic necessities.
- On completion of the required quarantine period, personnel may return to work after being certified fit by the medical officer.
- No one is to be seen without mask at any point of time outside their hostel room or in the work place.
- Social distancing and hand-hygiene are compulsory in campus.
- No visitors to be allowed in residence areas or campus without prior approval of the competent authority.
NOTE: The name of the individual is not to be broadcasted by email or shared on any public forum.