- Development of Selective BIO
- Banana plant waste is utilised.
- Thermal processing (including plasma) of banana peduncle produced potassium enriched biochar.
- Biochar yield is 20 -30 % (on dry w/w).
- Potassium content range from approximately 15 – 25 %.
- Enriched available potassium in biochar was due to formation of Kalicinite mineral.
Patent Granted: A Method for production of potash enriched biochar from waste biomass [Reference 201611018805 dated 05.09.2020) and Published WIPO Publication No. WO/2017/208250, International Application No.: PCT/IN2017/050196, Publication Date: 07.12.2017;
- Acidic phosphogypsum waste (< 3.5) can be converted to alkaline (6.7 – 10.4) value added material.
- Selected biomass in particular form and proportion mixed with phosphogypsum with thermal treatment results conversion of acidic phosphogypsum waste to alkaline waste.
Patent Filed: Biomass mediated conversion of acidic Phosphogypsum to alkaline potassium sulphur rich material, Patent Filed in India: application no 201711022958, date of filing: 30-6-2017.
The CRTDH was set-up in February, 2019 at CSIR-IMMT. The foundation stone of the CRTDH building along with the Incubator office space was laid by the Director General of CSIR on 1.2.2019.
We are working with a vision to take this CRTDH scheme forward in this region and establish supporting linkages with all stakeholders.